There were twelve people in attendance.
Agenda & Introductions.
Agenda approved and introductions made.
The minutes from the September 19 meeting were approved.
- The Membership Chair reported on Michael Berube’s visit.
- The Membership Chair presented a Memorandum of Agreement proposing a study.
- Motion to table Memorandum of Agreement made, seconded, and passed.
- Follow-up on UFF Senate item: discussion of the organization of a Membership Committee.
A legal matter was discussed.
There will be a consultation with the Administration on Tuesday at 9:30 am. Discussion of consultation agenda.
Discussion of proposed survey of members, and of communications between union and membership.
- Motion to table implementation of proposed survey made, seconded, and passed.
- UFF Senate follow-up: as of November 5, UFF will not represent non-members in grievances.
- Grievances: discussion of an outstanding grievance.
- Bargaining: the Chief Negotiator reported on the current situation.
- USF Senate: discussion of common concerns of UFF and the Faculty Senate.
- Treasury: we have money.
- Communications: report on current communications.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on October 4, 2008.