Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. Seventeen members, including eleven members of the Council, and one staff member and six guests.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Possible layoffs and furloughs. Discussion.
- Title IX training. Discussion.
- Consolidation. Discussion.
- MOU. Discussion.
- Diversity. Discussion.
- Enrollment. Up 1 %, but not evenly across all campuses.
- Survey. We will conduct a survey on how faculty are doing this fall.
- Grievances. USFSP continues to generate grievances.
- Membership. We are conducting a recruiting campaign with the assistance of the NEA.
- Treasury. The following budget for the coming fiscal year was presented to the Chapter:
Items Summary of Expenses
Fiscal Year 2019-20
Fiscal Year 2020-21
(increase in the event of a new contract)
7,280.32 15,000 Recruitment 10,098.29 12,000 Meetings 7,647.65 6,000 Travel
(includes travel scholarships)
7,287.75 10,000 Clerical Support 560 3,000 Computing
(includes web design)
949.69 3,000 Postal Services
(includes mailing new contract)
199.01 1,000 Misc/supplies 732.64 5,750 Bank fees 30 30 TOTAL 34,785.17 55,780
Motion to approve the budget passed.
- Bargaining. Nothing to report.
- Government Relations. The West Central Florida Federation of Labor has asked for volunteers to man phone banks for the fall election. Anyone interested should contact the Government Relations Chair.
These minutes respectfully submitted on 6 September 2020.