Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. 22 members
Minutes. Minutes for the May 27 meeting were approved.
- Contract Ratification. A vote for ratifying the new CBA is on the BOT Agenda for June 15
- Election Year. UFF will conduct a campaign to get out the vote.
- HB 233. The mandated survey had a 3% return rate and is now in court.
- Student complaints. There have been an unusual number of student complaints against USF faculty, especially minority, international, and nonbinary faculty. This is occurring at other campuses as well.
- Reception for President Law. It will be at 4 pm at the Top of the Palms.
- Socials. There will be another social later this summer.
- Unfair Labor Practice litigation. UFF’s complaint against the USF Administration has been heard, and we are awaiting their decision.
- Assignments. There appear to be problems and irregularities in course assignment FTEs.
- Searches. There appear to be irregularities in recent administrative searches.
- Grievances. Some grievants are missing the thirty-day deadline. Discussion of patterns in new grievances; we have an unprecedented number of grievances this summer.
- Membership. Motion made and seconded to award a $500 scholarship to each of the next UFF USF member applicants, effective immediately. Motion approved. The offer will be announced by an Extra on Wednesday, June 15, (hopefully) announcing the ratification of the contract.
- Government Relations. We are asking members to become active in our program to educate politicians.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 10 June 2022.