Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon on USF Tampa in EDU 150.
Attendance. Eleven UFF members, including nine members of the Council.
Minutes. Minutes for February 23 are approved.
- Election results. This was the result of the chapter election:
- Art Shapiro is elected president.
- Steve Lang is elected vice president.
- Greg McColm is elected secretary.
- Sonia Wohlmuth is elected treasurer.
- Adrienne Berarducci, Karin Braunsberger, Pablo Brescia, Candace Burns, Joy D’Andrea, Cecil Greek, Steve Lang, Richard Manning, Gregory McColm, Vic Peppard, Steve Permuth, Patricia Pettijohn, Frank Pyrtle III, Bob Welker, and Sonia Wohlmuth are elected to the UFF Senate, where Art Shapiro serves ex officio.
- Karin Braunsberger, Steve Lang, Gregory McColm, Steve Permuth, and Art Shapiro were elected to the FEA Delegate Assembly.
This leaves us with four vacant senate seats and three vacant assembly seats. These will have to be filled.
- HB 7055 decertifying minority membership K-12 unions. We anticipate litigation.
- HB 423 consolidating USF. Discussion.
- Informal consultation with Academic Affairs. There are many problems at USFSP.
- April 20 Social. Discussion Grievance Training.
- Irregularities at the College of Nursing. Discussion.
- Political Education. We will need the Political Education Committee running by summer.
- Grievances. Discussion of tenure problems.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 25 March 2018.