Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12:00 pm in CDB Restaurant just east of USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Fourteen members, including eight senators, and a guest.
Minutes. Previous minutes approved.
- Paul Terry. Continues to improve.
- Meetings. Art met with the dean of CAS and the USFSP regional chancellor.
- Grievances. Discussion.
- Membership. Jill Brasky will be going to Emory University and recommends a “full-time” membership chair.
- Tenure and Promotion. Steve Lang reports that administrators are giving incorrect information to tenure-track faculty. We will do another Tenure workshop in fall. There is a request for a promotion workshop for instructors.
- Bargaining. The salary article will be reopened in this summer’s bargaining; in addition, each side may choose to open up to two other articles – although some articles require agreement from both sides to reopen.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Facebook. The experiment continues.
The Chapter will meet on alternate Fridays this summer, at noon, on May 29, June 12 and 26, and July 10 and 24. All meetings will be at CDB Restaurant, just east of USF Tampa, except the June 26 meeting, which will be on USFSP.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 17 May 2015.