Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon in EDU 261 and on Zoom.
Attendance. 20 members and one guest
Minutes. Minutes for the August 26 meeting were approved.
- Board of Trustees Meeting. The BOT meeting had been dominated by finances, particularly for the proposed stadium. President Lang’s presentation focused on contractual protection of academic freedom.
- Senate Executive Committee Meeting. Interim Provost Eisenberg informed the SEC that USF faculty are severely understaffed in comparison with UF and that USF has asked the BOG to include a request for funding for new positions.
- Consultation, Most of the senior administrators are interim, and past practices are being abandoned. Discussion of effect on contract enforcement.
- Upcoming meetings. We will be meeting with some units off campus. In addition, we will meet at USFSP on Oct. 7, followed by a Grievance Training, and on Oct. 21 at USFSM.
- Grievances. We have grievances on assignments and promotion decisions based on analytics.
- Membership. Discussion of refunds and professional scholarships.
- Bargaining. Discussion of the current situation.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 14 September 2022.