Time and place. The meeting was conducted at 12 noon on USF Tampa in EDU254 and on Zoom.
Attendance. 22 UFF members and two guests
Minutes. August 25 minutes approved.
- Post Tenure Faculty Review. The Administration has requested impact bargaining on post tenure faculty review. The contract says that we have no obligation to bargain. We are consulting with our affiliate’s lawyers on the appropriate action to take. Meanwhile, there are indications that middle management in some units are treating post tenure review as an opportunity to get rid of employees. The criteria should be done with faculty input.
- UFF Senate Meeting. There is a change in UFF Executive Director, and a new vice president is being elected.
- Chapter Meetings. The Chapter will meet on USFSP on Oct. 20 and USFSM on Nov. 3.
- Social. There will be a social at Ferg’s on Sept. 14 at 6 pm.
- Membership. Discussion of the Hustle phone app.
- Grievances. We have two volunteers: Susan Ariew and Adriana Novoa.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Government Relations. This is the time to visit legislators.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 20 September 2023.