Time and place. The meeting was conducted at 12 noon on USF Sarasota / Manatee in B229 and on Zoom.
Attendance. Twenty UFF members, four guests, and one staff member
Minutes. Minutes of the 10 February 2023 meeting approved.
- Stormy weather. There are reports that college administrators threatened faculty attending the February 23 Walkout with discipline or dismissal. Discussion of local developments and government relations
- New College. Steven Shipman and colleagues spoke on recent events at New College Florida.
- Social. There will be a social soon at Ferg’s.
Grievances. UFF has forwarded five more cases to arbitration, including one from USF. Other cases moving forward.
- Government Relations. It is important to contact legislators.
- Membership. Recruitment is accelerating.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 3 March 2023.