Time and place. The meeting was conducted at 12 noon on USF Tampa in EDU415 and on Zoom.
Attendance. Nineteen UFF members, and one guest
Minutes. Minutes of the 10 March 2023 meeting approved.
- EDues. If, as is likely, SB 256 / HB 1445 is passed, union dues will no longer be paid by paycheck deduction. FEA will work through email and will move people to direct deposits over April to July.
- Student Protest. Discussion of video showing police reaction to SDS protest in the Patel Center.
- Legislative Session. Discussion of legislation targeting education. Discussion of book removal and concealment in Pinellas County. Discussion of pedagogical technique protected by Article 5.
- Chapter Meeting on April 21. The Chapter will meet at noon on USF St. Petersburg in the Student Center Palm Room.
- Election. Ballots due on April 5, and will be counted April 7. We are seeking volunteers to fill vacant Senate and Assembly seats after the election.
- Union Socials. Discussion.
- Grievances. Have some employees not being paid (!) and a number of other issues.
- Government Relations. It is important to contact legislators.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Collective Bargaining. Discussion of proposed Academic Freedom regulation.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 4 April 2023.