Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon in EDU 261 and on Zoom.
Attendance. 21 members and one staff member
Minutes. Minutes for the September 9 meeting were approved.
- Report on the UFF Senate Meeting. The Senate meeting was preceded by several workshops on union operations, including bargaining. The union lawsuit on HB233 moving forward, and several lawsuits are now outstanding on HB7. UFF has a task force reviewing post tenure review and will compose comments.
- USF Faculty Senate meeting. There was a discussion of HB7.
- Meeting with Nursing. UFF met with nursing faculty. Issues include a muddled policy on outside activity and workload.
- Upcoming meetings. The next chapter meeting is on Oct. 7, followed by grievance training.
- Benefits Fair. The fairs are on Tuesday, Oct. 18, on USFSP from 9 am to 2 pm; Wednesday, Oct. 19 on USFSM from 9 am to 2 pm in the ballroom; and on USFT 9 am to 2 pm in MSC.
- More socials? Discussion.
- Grievances. We have a large number of grievances, including assignments, inequitable treatment of minorities, and capricious administration.
- Membership. We are recruiting.
- Government Relations. We are getting out the vote.
- Treasury. Proposed budget for fiscal year 2022:
Summary of Expenses Fiscal year 2021 Proposed 2022 Printing/photocopies 2,500.00 15,000.00 Recruitment 1,600.00 2,500.00 Meetings 1,000.00 6,000.00 Travel 3,000.00 6,000.00 New member rebates 10,000.00 Communication & Web Site 2,700.00 2,800.00 Postal Services 200.00 200.00 USF Data & Audit 3,200.00 3,000.00 Clerical Support 1,300.00 1,500.00 Misc 150.00 2,500.00 Bank fees 30.00 330.00 Totals 15,680.00 49,830.00 Summary of Income Chapter Rebate 39,768.99 Divdend/checking 340.07 Dividend/savings 6.28 Totals 40,115.34 40,200.00
- Motion made and seconded to approve the budget. Motion passes.
Additional note: we are solvent.
- Collective Bargaining. Discussion of the legal situation.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 28 September 2022, and updated 2 October 2022.