Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon on USF Tampa in EDU 261.
Attendance. Sixteen UFF members, including twelve members of the Council, and one staff member.
Minutes. Minutes of the September 13 meeting approved.
- The New Contract. Got 1.5 % base raise plus 0.5 % ADI; Administration also gets authority to use as ADI leftover from the previous contract (altogether about $ 2 million). Bargaining on next contract starts in January.
- Consolidation. The Chapter believes that in consolidating the University, faculty should have input on the administrative structure and personnel. In addition, salary equity across campuses is a serious issue that must be addressed.
- Steve Permuth received a Lifetime Achievement Award from his alma mater, the University of Minnesota.
- Union events. The tailgate party was on August 30, and approximately 30 people attended.
- Travel. Now that travel expenses are no longer deductible, there is an argument in favor of the Administration increasing funds available for travel.
- Benefits Fairs. UFF will attend the USFSP benefits fair on OCt. 21. All campuses have benefits fairs, and UFF will seek to attend all of them.
- Grievances. We have a lot of grievances.
- Membership. Discussion.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 10 October 2019.