Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon at Ferg’s in St. Petersburg.
Attendance. Sixteen UFF members, including seven members of the Council, one staff member, and one guest, including nine members of the Council.
Minutes. Minutes of the August 30 meeting approved.
- President Currall presented a proposal for consolidating USF. Discussion of numerous issues: faculty, community, and political reactions.
- UFF is pursuing reports and grievances of harassment at two USF units. Discussion.
- Steve Permuth received a Lifetime Achievement Award from his alma mater, the University of Minnesota.
- The tailgate party was on August 30, and approximately 30 people attended.
- UFF will attend the USFSP benefits fair. All campuses have benefits fairs, and UFF will seek to attend all of them.
- We have reports that all campuses will have mandatory Title IX and mandatory sexual harassment traininig.
- Times and places of chapter meetings are posted in the Events Calendar. At least one location will be moved to USFSM.
- Grievances. We have a lot of grievances.
- Collective Bargaining. We are discussing options with the Administration.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 26 September 2019.