Email Forms Disabled
Our site has a glitch: the forms for contacting us are disabled. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to have them back up soon. In the meantime to contact us, send a regular email to the Chapter Secretary.
We are planning for a recruitment campaign. We need volunteers! We need to get UFF members more active in the union. If you are interested, contact Adrienne Berarducci.
Tenure and Promotion
Newsletter Series on Performance, Evaluations, and the Reward Structure: Raises, Renewals, Tenure and Promotion
The newsletter is running a series of article on job performance, how it is evaluated, and how evaluations are translated into raises, renewals, tenure and promotion decisions. This series was inspired by recent changes in the tenure and promotion guidelines at USF. Articles thus far:
- What is Tenure For?
- Attacking Tenure
- Eroding Tenure
- The Contract and the Guidelines
- What They [the Guidelines] Say
- Teaching, Research and Service
- The Fourth Criterion
- Foggy Areas
- Getting Ahead
- More than Nature or Nurture
- Editorial Comment on Tenure and Promotion Criteria
- (Departments and) Tenure and Promotion Criteria
- Getting Grants on the Job
- Getting Real About Grants
- Tenure and the Odds
- Why Young Researchers Aren’t Getting Grants