We are watching the USF consolidation process closely. Here are links to UFF USF Biweekly articles on the process:
- The 25 January 2018 article on the USF System.
- The 8 February 2018 article on the USF System.
- The 6 September 2018 article on Consolidation.
- The 24 January 2018 Consolidation Update.
In addition, here is the USF page on the Consolidation Task Force.
Election season is upon us. This spring, we will be electing officers and representatives of the UFF USF Chapter. All union members – and only union members – may participate by running for office or representative seats, and by voting. (BUT YOU CAN JOIN TODAY AND PARTICIPATE: click here for the membership form.)
We have issued a Call for Nominations; all nomination materials are due by March 1. We urge everyone to get involved.
We are planning for a recruitment campaign. We need volunteers! We need to get UFF members more active in the union. If you are interested, contact the Membership Chair, Adrienne Berarducci.
Tenure and Promotion
Newsletter Series on Performance, Evaluations, and the Reward Structure: Raises, Renewals, Tenure and Promotion
The newsletter is running a series of article on job performance, how it is evaluated, and how evaluations are translated into raises, renewals, tenure and promotion decisions. This series was inspired by recent changes in the tenure and promotion guidelines at USF. Articles thus far:
- What is Tenure For?
- Attacking Tenure
- Eroding Tenure
- The Contract and the Guidelines
- What They [the Guidelines] Say
- Teaching, Research and Service
- The Fourth Criterion
- Foggy Areas
- Getting Ahead
- More than Nature or Nurture
- Editorial Comment on Tenure and Promotion Criteria
- (Departments and) Tenure and Promotion Criteria
- Getting Grants on the Job
- Getting Real About Grants
- Tenure and the Odds
- Why Young Researchers Aren’t Getting Grants