Chapter elections will soon be underway. In order to participate, you must be a member by February 28 (to join download, fill in, and send in this membership form.
Right now, we need candidates to run for offices and representative seats. Here is the Call for Nominations and here is the nomination form. All nomination forms and materials must be received by February 28.
We are watching the USF consolidation process closely. Here are links to UFF USF Biweekly articles on the process:
- Then President Currall’s October 2020 Iteration of the Consolidation Plan
- The 26 September 2019 on President Currall’s proposal
- The 21 March 2019 on Consolidation
- The 22 February 2019 Consolidation Update.
- The 25 January 2018 article on the USF System.
- The 8 February 2018 article on the USF System.
- The 6 September 2018 article on Consolidation.
- The 24 January 2018 Consolidation Update.
In addition, here is the USF page on the Consolidation Task Force.
We are planning for a recruitment campaign. We need volunteers! We need to get UFF members more active in the union. If you are interested, contact the Membership Chair, Debbie Sinclair.
Tenure and Promotion
Newsletter Series on Performance, Evaluations, and the Reward Structure: Raises, Renewals, Tenure and Promotion
The newsletter is running a series of article on job performance, how it is evaluated, and how evaluations are translated into raises, renewals, tenure and promotion decisions. This series was inspired by recent changes in the tenure and promotion guidelines at USF. Articles thus far:
- What is Tenure For?
- Attacking Tenure
- Eroding Tenure
- The Contract and the Guidelines
- What They [the Guidelines] Say
- Teaching, Research and Service
- The Fourth Criterion
- Foggy Areas
- Getting Ahead
- More than Nature or Nurture
- Editorial Comment on Tenure and Promotion Criteria
- (Departments and) Tenure and Promotion Criteria
- Getting Grants on the Job
- Getting Real About Grants
- Tenure and the Odds
- Why Young Researchers Aren’t Getting Grants