Chapter Meeting Tomorrow 11 am in USF St. Petersburg (notice time and place)
The Chapter will meet tomorrow Friday at 11 am in USF St. Petersburg in Coquina Hall, room 224 (COQ 224). See the map at the USF St. Petersburg Visit Us page (Coquina Hall is at the southern end of 1st Street SE, and there is a parking garage at the corner of 3rd Street S and Dali Blvd). Here is the spring schedule for upcoming Chapter meetings.
There will be sandwiches, soda, and chips. All UFF USF employees - UFF members and non-members alike - are invited.
- On February 7 in USF St. Petersburg and on February 21 in USF Sarasota / Manatee.
- On March 7 in USF Tampa and on March 21 in USF St. Petersburg.
- On April 4 in USF Tampa and on April 18 in USF Sarasota / Manatee.
- On May 2 in USF Tampa.
$ 500 Travel Grants for New UFF Members - and for UFF Members Who Recruit New Members
Last semester, the USF Chapter of the UFF offered four $ 500 travel scholarships for this spring and summer for UFF recruitment. At the January 10 meeting, the Chapter selected four applications (from a hat) and awarded scholarships to Diana Hechavarria, Valerie Janesick, Jennifer O'Brien, and David Rogers. The Chapter decided to conduct the program again, this spring.
The USF Chapter of the UFF will award four $ 500 Travel Scholarships for next summer and spring.
This initiative is part of our membership campaign. If you would like to become active in the UFF USF Membership Drive, contact the Secretary, Greg McColm.
- UFF USF employees who join UFF this fall (i.e., joined after January 9 and who join no later than May 1) are eligible for one of two scholarships to be randomly selected at the May 2 UFF USF Chapter Meeting. For information on how new members (or non-members who would like to join UFF) may apply, see the flyer for new and prospective members. Non-members wishing to be eligible must have their membership forms in our hands by May 1. In addition, proposals must also be in our hands by May 1. Two proposals from new members will be randomly selected for funding.
- Current UFF members who recruit at least one new UFF member are eligible for one of two scholarships to be randomly selected at the May 2 UFF USF Chapter Meeting. For information on how UFF members may apply, see the flyer for UFF members who would like to recruit new members. Notice that recruiters should put their name on the membership form for the new member. If a new member is recruited, the new member is eligible for one of the scholarships for new members and the recruiter is eligible for one of the scholarships for current members. Again, membership forms and proposals must be in our hands by May 1, and two proposals by recruiters will be randomly selected for funding.
Join UFF Today!
Download, fill in, and mail the membership form. Benefits of membership include the right to run and vote in UFF chapter and statewide elections; representation in grievances (UFF cannot represent a non-member in a grievance or litigation); special deals in insurance, travel, legal advice, and other packages provided by our affiliates; free insurance coverage for job-related liability; and the knowledge you are supporting education in Florida. AND YOU CAN JOIN NOW AND AS A DUES PAYING MEMBER, YOU WILL RECEIVE A $ 100 REBATE NEXT FALL. Come and join the movement.
If you have been the victim of a violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, you have thirty days from the time you knew or should have known of the violation to file a grievance. If you are, and at the time of the violation were, a dues-paying member of the United Faculty of Florida, you have the right to union representation. To contact the UFF USF Grievance Committee, go to the online contact form. For more information, see our web-page on grievances.