Time and place. The meeting was conducted at 12 noon EDU 415 and on Zoom.
Attendance. Fifteen UFF members and one staff member
Minutes. Minutes of the 13 January 2023 meetings approved.
- Governor gone wild. Every institution in Florida had projects defunded by the governor. The AAUP is investigating. These and other developments discussed.
- College of Education. Report on the recent Policy Council meeting.
- Office. Lang and McColm attended the Space Committee meeting, and the vice provost and both Lang and McColm presented UFF’s case for office space. We are now awaiting action.
- Elections. Both the state UFF and the chapter are holding elections this semester.
- Calendar. The chapter will meet on USF Sarasota / Manatee on Feb. 24 and on USF St. Petersburg on March 24.
- Best Place to Work survey. Faculty have received a survey from Quantum Workplace. Discussion.
- Socials. Discussion of possible social events.
- Grievances. We have a remarkable number of pending grievances.
- Government Relations. It is important to contact legislators.
- Membership. Discussion of membership in light of the current political situation.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Collective Bargaining. Discussion.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 5 February 2023.