Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon at USF Tampa in CPR 466 and on Zoom.
Attendance. 16 members
Minutes. Minutes for the July 8 meeting were approved.
- Update on dealing with recent legislation. UFF is getting legal assistance from one of our national affiliates, the National Education Association. They are gathering information about some of the dubious innovations. In addition, in response the passage of 2022 Senate Bill 7044, requiring that Florida postsecondary institutions seek new accreditors each accreditation cycle, the U.S. Department of Education announced that it was issuing guidance documents regarding the practice of “accreditation shopping.”
- Update on Get Out The Vote. The margin of victory in the last gubernatorial election was smaller than the number of UFF members who did not vote.
- Simple Syllabus. There has been some discussion of bringing Simple Syllabus to USF, which would result in a standardized format for course syllabi. Discussion of a similar effort underway in the College of Nursing. Discussion.
- New Faculty Orientation. UFF will attend new faculty orientation and distribute copies of the contract to new faculty.
- UFF Senate. The Senate will meet in Orlando on September 17 & 18. For each attendee, half the hotel bill is covered by UFF and the other half by the chapter.
- Grievances. We have a lot of grievances.
- Membership. A rebate program for new members will be announced shortly.
- Bargaining. We will soon send out hardcopies of the CBA to the unit, with extras for new faculty, to administrators, and as needed. We will need CBAs for new faculty orientation.
- Collective Bargaining. Discussion.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 8 July 2022 and amended on July 22.