Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon at USF St. Petersburg in the Palm Room and on Zoom.
Attendance. 22 members and one guest
Minutes. Minutes for the June24 meeting were approved.
- Legislative wrap-up. UFF, with volunteers in the HEROs program, were able to persuade legislators to vote down a number of bad bills.
New Business In the spring session, the Legislature passed and the Governor signed a number of problematic bills on (higher) education.
- UFF’s Reaction to Legislation. UFF produced an extensive legal opinion, which we are still reviewing.
- USF Senate’s Reaction to Legislation. The Senate Executive Committee is preparing a statement.
- USF General Counsel’s reaction to Legislation. The General Counsil has produced an Initial Guidance [on] Florida House bill 7.
- Social at Rowdies? We will explore the level of member interest in a Rowdies game. The level of interest being adequate, members will be invited to join UFF at a dugout party.
- Grievances. There are a variety of outstanding grievances, in particular, concerning e-Disclose.
- Membership. A membership campaign is underway.
- Bargaining. We will soon send out hardcopies of the CBA to the unit, with extras for new faculty, to administrators, and as needed. We will need CBAs for new faculty orientation.
- Government Relations. We will be encouraging faculty, especially members, to vote.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 8 July 2022 and amended on July 18.