Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Sixteen members, including eight members of the Council.
Minutes. Minutes for the January 14 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- State of Higher Education in Florida. Discussion of the siege.
- Moral Panic over Critical Race Theory. Discussion.
- Motion made and seconded that the Chapter endorse the 1 December 2022 “USF Faculty Senate Resolution to Support and Protect Faculty and Instructors with Expertise in Critical Race Theory, Blackness, Anti-Blackness, Anti-Racism, Race, Gender, Sexuality and Other Forms of Difference.” Motion approved unanimously.
- Report on the Bargaining Survey. Discussion.
- Election. The proposal of the Election Committee is not available; the Executive Committee is charged with approving the proposal.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 8 February 2022.