Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Nineteen members, including eleven members of the Council.
Minutes. Minutes for the December 17 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Letter to President Law on Covid-19 precautions. President Law responded, and we will post her response.
- Faculty Success effort. President Shapiro will write a letter to the Provost asking for faculty involvement in developing the effort.
- UFF Senate. The senate will meet on February 19 – 20, and the Chapter Council will meet in advance.
- Critical Race Theory. We are watching the situation in Tallahassee.
- UFF history. There is an effort to compose a history of UFF.
- Covid-19. Should we have a townhall on Covid-19? Discussion. (See resumption of townhall discussion below.)
- Motion made and seconded that chapter meetings shall be online this semester. Motion approved.
- Motion made and seconded that the Chapter shall offer $500 to six new members who agree to be a member for at least one year. [Added subsequent to the meeting: the mechanism shall be clarified at the January 28 chapter meeting.]
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 15 January 2022, and revised 25 January 2022.