Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Sixteen members, including twelve members of the Council, and two guests. Vice President Lang is presiding.
Minutes. Minutes for the September 24 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Statement on the Presidential Search. The statement was composed and broadcast. Hardcopies are being sent to all employees of the Bargaining Unit.
- Motion made and seconded allocate up to $ 6,000 for advertising the statement. Amendment moved and seconded to change the allocation to $ 1,500. Amendment passes and amended motion passes.
- Die-In Demonstration. The demonstration was a success and got metropolitan news coverage.
- Chapter Meeting modality. Reservations for meetings in the spring semester currently cannot be made before Friday on the first week of classes, at 5 pm.
- COVID Report. There was a report and comment in the Lancet regarding a study of Florida and Texas mortality, with a projection on what the mortality would have been if the two states had taken a more aggressive approach to the pandemic.
- Football. We may have a tailgate at the Homecoming football game.
- Bargaining. Discussion of administrative and legislative efforts to modify or dilute tenure.
- Grievances. Discussion.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 10 October 2021.