Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Minutes. Minutes for the August 27 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Annual Evaluations. Some departments do not have written criteria.
- The COVID situation. Discussion.
- The Presidential Search.
- Motion made and seconded that the Executive Committee shall compose and publish widely a statement on the USF presidential search. Motion approved unanimously.
- Union 101 Video. Discussion of how it can be used.
- Modality of chapter meetings. Space usage restrictions make face-to-face or hybrid meetings impractical this semester. The Chapter will return to the issue for the next term.
- Hardcopy newsletter. Discussion of issuing a hardcopy newsletter this fall.
- Membership list reconciliation. Carol has retired, so we are starting over. Funds can be allocated from the money already assigned for Carol’s compensation.
- Budget analysis. We will seek a new accountant.
- Workshop on government relations. We will ask UFF Tallahassee for guidance.
- Socials. None planned at the moment.
- GAU “Die In.” USF UFF GAU is planning a “die in” demonstration to dramatize the pandemic situation.
- Motion made and seconded to allocate $ 500 for incidentals for the demonstration. Motion approved unanimously.
- Grievances. A number of these arise from the way the regional campuses are treated. There is some concern about the proposal to change job titles.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 21 September 2021.