Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. Sixteen members attending, including nine members of the Council, one one staff member, and one guest.
Minutes. Minutes for the July 2 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Impact of HB 233. Students may record class lectures, but not discussions from which fellow students may be identified. Discussion of how to advise students about the legal situation.
- Reopening USF. Students are contracting COVID-19, and this appears to be affecting attendance. C. Burns, G. McColm, and R. Welker will compose a form for making written reports concerning safety per CBA 21.3.
- ADI. The secretary conducted a review of discretionary raises over the last few years, and except for stipends for administrative works, discretionary raises governed by the CBA tend to be relatively rare.
- Socials and Tailgate. Discussion.
- Fall Schedule. Chapter meetings this fall will be held on August 27, September 10 & 24, October 8 & 22, November 5 & 19. and December 3.
- Collective Bargaining. Discussion of the BOT proposals.
- Treasury.The Treasurer proposed the following budget for FY 2021 – 2022:
2020 – 2021 2021 – 2022 Comments Income 39769 40000 Expenses Printing/photocopies 9833 12000 New contracts Recruitment 1165 2500 Scholarships 6500 6500 Travel 1877 2400 Postal Services 549 1500 Mailing/ contract ratification Clerical Support 2000 2000 Meetings 4500 Misc 3635 10000 Budget/membership support Total 25559 41400
- Motion made and seconded to approve the budget. Motion approved.
- Motion made and seconded to authorize the disbursement of $ 1,500 for a public document request for assignments, and for setting up a membership list reconciliation system. Motion approved.
Biweekly report: we are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 21 July 2021.