Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. Thirteen members attending, including eight members of the Council, and one staff member.
Minutes. Minutes for the June 4 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Reopening USF. The Florida Surgeon-General has extended the State of Emergency to June 27, 2021.
- Critical Race Theory. Discussion of the political controversy.
- USFSP. USF St. Petersburg is seeking a new chancellor.
- Meetings in fall. Meetings could be face-to-face, online, or hybrid. Or we could have a mixture of meetings. Discussion.
- Collective Bargaining. Bargaining will commence on July 9.
- Grievances. There are a lot of concerns about returning to F2F teaching in Fall.
- Membership. UFF will participate in New Faculty Orientation on August 9.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 27 June 2021.