Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. Eighteen members attending, including eleven members of the Council, and two staff members.
Minutes. Minutes for the May 7 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- UFF Survey on Reopening USF. Discussion, and discussion of memo from USF Business on reopening in fall.
- USF Forest Preserve. Discussion.
- Motion made and seconded that the UFF USF Executive Committee shall compose a statement supporting the USF Senate Resolution on the USF Forest Preserve.
- Legislative Actions. We are waiting to see what the governor does and does not sign – and how the public agencies distribute funds that they were allocated.
- USF’s Financial Situation. Last December, the BOT charged the Faculty Senate and Administration collaborate on understanding the financial situation; discussion of the nature of that collaboration, and the presentations at the Faculty Senate meeting on 19 May.
- Discussion of the presentation by USF Faculty Senate President Tim Boaz before the USF Faculty Senate. [And here is the presentation by USF Chief Financial Officer David Lechner.]
- Discussion of “Strategic Realignment,” which includes President Currall’s message on Building the Future and additional Strategy and Considerations.
- Discussion of a proposed Strategic Plan to be discussed at the 26 May 2021 Conference Call (12 pm – 3 pm, 813-694-2079 passcode is 481930934 #), which might be acted on at the 8 June 2021 BOT Meeting from 9:30 – 12:30 pm.
- COVID 19 Report. The Dashboard reports no new student cases this month but four faculty cases.
- Salary Equity Across Campuses. The subject of a Biweekly issue sometime this summer.
- Proposed Socials and Tailgates. UFF USF will hold a tailgate at the football game on September 11.
- Regional Campuses. Discussion of recent developments.
- Grievances. Several departments do not have well-defined criteria for annual reviews. Discussion.
- Bargaining. Bargaining starts on Friday, June 25, 2021, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Discussion.
- Membership. The Chapter will be hiring three fellows this summer.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 24 May 2021.