Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. Twenty-four members attending, including eleven members of the Council, and one staff member.
Minutes. Minutes for the April 9 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- USF Forest Preserve. David Lewis made a presentation on the proposal to sell the USF Forest Preserve. Discussion.
- Survey on Reopening USF in Fall. Results are coming in.
- Legislative Report. The FEA is dealing with several anti-union bills, most notably Senate Bill 1014 (and companion House Bill 835). Discussion.
- Grievances. Discussion.
li>Collective Bargaining. The Administration is not responding to collective bargaining requests. Discussion.
- Membership. We are working on membership lists.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Tenure & Promotion Workshop. It is scheduled for May 14.
- Social Activities. We will do tailgates for one or both of the games with UF and FAMU.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 1 May 2021.