Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. 20 members attending, including seven members of the Council, and one staff.
Minutes. Minutes for the March 12 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- USF’s plans to reopen in fall. So far, no details from the Administration. Discussion. President Shapiro told the Tampa Bay Times that the question of whether USF is to was an important question.
- Salary equity across campuses. There will be a study out in the USF Biweekly shortly.
- ADI. The USF Administration gave eighteen faculty ADI raises after 31 December 2021, in violation the CBA. The Administration has agreed not to do that again, and UFF has decided not to file a grievance.
- Collective Bargaining.. No movement, possibly because of concerns about the effect of pending legislation on the collective bargaining process. Discussion of the articulation of Appendix A with the CBA.
- Chapter Election. Ballots will be counted over Zoom at times to be determined by the four volunteers who agreed to tally the ballots: Katherine Alfredo, Zac Atlas, Jen Luque, and Steve Permuth.
- Assignment issues at regional campuses. The situation continues.
- Proposed social activity. Discussion.
- USFSM. Discussion of the technical difficulties in obtaining assignment information.
- Grievances. We are resolving disputes informally.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 29 March 2021.