Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. 25 members attending, including nine members of the Council, one staff, and one guest.
Minutes. Minutes for the December 8 meeting were approved.
President’s Report & Essential Issues.
- Condolences. Debbie Sinclair suffered a loss.
- Budget Cut Process. Discussion.
- Chapter Election. The Chapter made two actions:
- Motion made and seconded To add Katherine Alfredo and Fawn Ngo to the Election Committee. Motion passes.
- The Election proposal is late because the Election Committee chair suffered a personal loss. Motion made and seconded to empower the Executive Committee to approve an election proposal during the interim before the next chapter meeting. Motion passes.
- Regional Campuses, The Administration is preparing for the visit by SACS.
- Grievances. Discussion. Note: regarding requirements that faculty teach face-to-face, CBA 21.3 states that if an employee reports an unsafe condition, the Administration must investigate.
- Collective Bargaining. UFF has 24 proposals, but the Administration is not acting. Note: effective December 31, ADI is terminated.
- Publicity. The website is stable and we
are in the process of editing videos.
We are solvent.
These minutes were respectfully submitted on 24 January 2021.