Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. 22 members, including eleven members of the Council, and one staff member.
Minutes of the Previous Meeting. 24 July 2020 minutes approved.
- Greeting New Faculty. A glitch in HR has resulted in our not getting unit lists, including new faculty. We hope to rectify this soon.
- Reopening the University. Discussion of the situation.
- Consolidation. Some faculty are leaving USF.
- Letter from Black Members of the USF Community. USF has appointed two black advisors.
- Fall Enrollment. The Administration anticipates flat enrollment this fall.
- Fall Schedule. The Chapter shall meet every other Friday, starting on August 28.
- Tenure & Promotion Workshops. There will be a workshop on October 9 from 9 am to 11 am.
- Grievances. We have a number of assignment disputes, particularly in USFSP.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Bargaining. The Chief Negotiator made a public documents request regarding documentation of discussions of layoffs, and has been advised that the cost will be $ 2,500.
- Motion made and seconded that the Chapter allocate $ 2,500 towards this public documents request. Motion passes unanimously.
- Publicity. Working on two technical problems.
- Government Relations. The West Central Florida Federation of Labor has endorsed several candidates for the August 18 election.
These minutes respectfully submitted on 8 August 2020.