Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. 21 members, including nine members of the Council, and one staff member.
Minutes of the Previous Meeting. 19 June 2020 minutes approved.
- Reopening in Fall. Discussion of the logistics of reopening in fall, discussion comparing USF’s Plan for Autumn 2020 promulgated by the Board of Trustees, and the UFF/FEA Higher Education Re-Opening Committee Guidelines.
- Letters on Black members of the USF Community. Discussion of various options for action.
- USF Finances. On top of budget cuts, the governor instituted a “holdback” of 6 % of allocated funds.
- Teaching online. Scott Grizzard is developing videos on technology for online teaching, partially supported by UFF, USF, and the NSF. Three of these videos are posted on YouTube.
- The MOU. UFF USF employees voted to ratify the MOU. The ball is now in the BOT’s court.
- Website. The Chapter looked at two proposed logos, and provided feedback to the developer.
- USFSP. The software for assigning textbooks, Follett Discover, appears to be malfunctioning
- Letter in support of sexual victimization survivors. Some members of the Women and Gender Studies department have posted a letter supporting the #USFSurvivors Twitter hashtag, “where USF alums and current students were sharing their stories of sexual victimization at USF and various failures of response,” and calling on USF President Currall to “share his action plan on how USF will both respond to the survivors and move USF toward becoming environments free from sexual violence.”
- Grievances. Discussion of assignment disputes.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Bargaining. We need new members of the Bargaining Team, and we need to start bargaining a new CBA by August 1.
These minutes respectfully submitted on 11 July 2020.