Time and place. This meeting was conducted at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. 23 members, including 13 members of the Council, and one staff member.
- Fall. The Board of Governors will meet on May 28 just after 2:00 pm to discuss plans to open in fall. The UFF office in Tallahassee encourages us to attend.
- The Pandemic. The Administration has sent out a survey of faculty to gauge faculty concerns. There seems to be a lot of faculty anxiety in the Bargaining Unit.
- Consolidation. Discussion of treatment of tenure and promotion packets from regional versus Tampa campuses.
- Government Relations. Reports on the recent meetings of the PCTA and UFF Government Relations committees. The USF Chapter will endeavor to form such a committee.
- Bargaining. Discussion of upcoming bargaining.
- Grievances. USFSP continues to generate a large number of grievances.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Membership. Discussion.
- Publicity. The Publicity Committee is conducting interviews with prospective web designers.
- Motion made and seconded that the Chapter authorizes the President to offer up to $ 3,000 for a web design. Motion passes.
These minutes respectfully submitted on 9 May 2020.