Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon on Zoom.
Attendance. Fourteen members, including ten members of the Council, one guest, and one staff member.
Minutes. 13 March 2020 minutes approved.
- Covid 2019. The tenure clock extension has been announced.
- Consolidation. The USFSP Administration is increasing teaching loads, inconsistent with policies of departmental chairs.
- Election. The Secretary will transport the ballots to the Chair of the Election Committee, which she will open to be counted at a Zoom meeting open to UFF members.
- Bargaining. We have received many responses to the bargaining survey.
- Government relations. A motion regarding professional expenses being incurred by faculty.
- Motion made and seconded that the Chapter shall ask the Florida Education Association and the West Central Florida Federation of Labor to press their national affiliates to lobby for a tax credit or tax deduction for purchase by faculty of instructional equipment and materials made necessary by the coronavirus crisis. Motion passes.
- Grievances. Discussion of grievances.
- Membership. Modification:
- Motion made and seconded that the scholarships shall be renamed “Research & Instruction”, and shall be for equipment, research and instructional supplies, materials, equipment, and similar expenses, not excluding travel. Motion passes unanimously.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 28 March 2020.