Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon at The Village Inn near USF.
Attendance. Eight UFF members, including seven members of the Council, and one guest.
Minutes. Minutes of the July 24 meeting approved.
- President Currall met with USFSP faculty. Faculty were concerned about USFSP’ autonomy.
- MoU on tenure proposed by the Administration.
- We would like to hold a reception for President Currall.
- Steve Permuth received a Lifetime Achievement Award from his alma mater, the University of Minnesota.
- We will meet in St. Petersburg on September 13.
- The tailgate party is ready to go this afternoon.
- Discussion of further developments at USFSP: will Marine Science be under USFSP? What will be done about salary equity?
- UFF will hold T & P workshops this fall.
- Membership. UFF will be at the USFSP Benefits Fair.
- Motion made and seconded to offer six travel scholarships under the usual conditions this fall. Motion approved.
- Grievances. Some faculty are afraid of filing grievances.
- Collective Bargaining. We are discussing options with the Administration.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 12 September 2019.