Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon on USF Tampa in EDU 317.
Minutes. Minutes of the February 22 meeting approved.
Attendance. Twelve UFF members, including nine members of the Council.
- March 5 BOT Meeting. President Shapiro spoke at the March 5 BOT meeting prior to the consolidation action item. UFF had repeatedly reached out to the Administration and the Board to get involved in Consolidation, but got no response.
- Consolidation. There seems to be confusion in the public debate about what a “branch” campus is. There are also several concerns about USFSP, particularly including USFSP’s numbers in the metrics, and how USFSP faculty will be treated in the consolidated system.
- CAS. There seems to be something afoot about changing the College of Arts and Sciences during the Consolidation effort.
- Tenure and Promotion. Steve Lang reported on the consolidation of tenure and promotion guidelines.
- Government Relations. Discussion of a meeting with State Senator Tom Lee’s aide. Discussion of current political trends.
- Grievances. Discussion of trends in disciplinary actions. Discussion of Sexual Harassment Training.
- Membership. Discussion.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 17 March 2019.