It's election time for the UFF USF Chapter, and time to ask UFF USF members to consider running for office or representative seats. All dues paying UFF USF members, and only dues paying UFF USF members, may run and vote in this election. The deadline for nominations is March 1.
Any UFF USF member may run for any one of these offices:
- The President oversees the operations of the chapter.
- The Vice President assists the President.
- The Secretary maintains documents and records.
- The Treasurer handles finances.
These four elected officers, and the Chief Negotiator and the Grievance Chair (both appointed by the President), make up the Executive Council. In addition, the USF Chapter of UFF sends representatives to two union bodies:
- The UFF Senate is the primary policy-making body of the statewide United Faculty of Florida, which is the strongest voice for higher education in Florida. It meets twice annually, during a weekend, in Tampa or Orlando, and the USF Chapter of UFF is represented by senators elected by UFF USF members in this election.
- The FEA Delegate Assembly is the primary policy-making body of the Florida Education Association, which represents K-20 teachers and professionals and is the strongest voice for education in Florida. It meets annually, in mid-fall, for Thursday evening, Friday, and early Saturday in Tampa or Orlando, and UFF USF is represented by delegates elected by UFF USF members in this election. This year it meets in in October.
UFF USF members may run for either senator or delegate or both; UFF USF members running for an office may also run for one or both representative positions.
If you are interested or wish to nominate another member, please start the process by downloading, filling, and sending the nomination form to the Election Committee. All nominations must be received (in our hands) by Friday, March 1.
Ballots will be sent out on Monday, March 4, and must be received (in our hands) by Tuesday, March 19. They will be counted at a special meeting on March 21 to which all UFF members are invited.