Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon at CDB Restaurant.
Attendance. Seventeen UFF members, including eight members of the Council.
- Tuition Task Force. The Task Force is exploring tuition waivers and exchange programs.
- Chapter Election. The Election Committee presented its proposal to the Chapter.
- Motion made and seconded that the Proposal by the Election Committee for the 2019 Election is approved. The motion passes. The Call for Nominations shall be sent to UFF USF members in a Biweekly Special to UFF members on January 15.
- Government Relations. UFF is conducting a workshop at USF Tampa on the evening of January 11. UFF is also conducting workshops at the UFF Senate Meeting; the Biweekly Special will announce these workshops.
- NAACP Freedom Fund 2019 Dinner. The NAACP is selling tickets to its dinner on Friday, February 1, for $ 75 each. These were advertised in a flyer distributed at the January meeting of the West Central Florida Central Labor Council.
- Policy. For such an event, sponsored by a non-profit, non-partisan union-friendly organization, the Chapter will entertain a motion to offer a limited number of tickets to UFF members who wish to attend.
- Motion made and seconded to purchase up to six tickets for UFF members who wish to attend. (This shall be announced in the January 15 Biweekly Special to UFF members.) Motion passes.
- Travel Scholarships.
- Motion made and seconded that the Chapter shall offer six $ 500 travel scholarships for the summer and fall terms under the same conditions as recently with the additional requirement that recipients attend to Chapter Meeting to be recognized. Motion passes.
- Chapter Meetings. The Chapter shall meet on USF St. Petersburg on February 8 and on USF Sarasota / Manatee on April 5.
- Consolidation. Updates and discussion.
- Grievances. Discussion of the grievance on Sexual Harassment Training. Discussion of recent trends in grievances.
- Collective Bargaining. Discussion.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 12 January 2019.