Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon on USF Tampa in EDU261.
Attendance. Ten UFF members, including six members of the Council.
Minutes. 16 November 2018 minutes approved. At the 2 November 2018 Chapter meeting at noon on USF Sarasota-Manatee, no business was transacted and no notes taken.
- Motion made and seconded that the minutes shall reflect that the 2 November 2018 Chapter meeting at noon on USF Sarasota-Manatee took place, and that issues of concern to USF Sarasota-Manatee faculty and professionals were discussed, but no business was transacted. Motion approved.
- USF Presidential Search. Discussion of the presentation of the USF Presidential Search Committee to the USF Tampa Faculty Senate on 28 November.
- Consolidation. Discussion of the effect of consolidation on pre-eminence and on the College of Education.
- Sexual Harassment Training. UFF has been advised that there will be consequences to not taking the HR online course on Sexual Harassment.
- Tailgate Party. The grounds of Raymond James is large, and UFF needs a flag or pennant so that attendees can find the tent housing the tailgate party.
- Motion made and seconded that UFF shall acquire a flag or pennant and a pole for use at tailgates and similar events. Motion approved.
- Travel scholarships. There were 22 applications for travel scholarships. The chapter chose the following recipients: Ilene Berson, Rasim Guldiken, Amanda Huensch, Jason Lewis, John Liontas, and Jennifer Wolgemuth. The three alternates chosen were Patricia Pettijohn, Cecil Greek, and Julia Irwin.
- Toy Drive. Toys were collected for the drive; they will be delivered to the Central Labor Council on December 4.
- Election Committee. The Chapter Election shall be conducted in spring. The Chapter shall elect a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and a number of UFF senators and FEA delegates in accordance with the Chapter Constitution and Bylaws, which specify that no candidate for any of the four offices may serve on the Election Committee, that the Election Committee shall propose a method and schedule at the first Chapter Meeting of the spring semester (for this election, on Friday, 11 January 2019), that the election be completed by March 21 and that officers and representatives assume their positions on April 1.
- Motion that the Chapter elects Susan Ariew, Karin Braunsberger, Nancy Cunningham, and Stephanie Jacobs to the Election Committee. Motion approved.
- Courses for family members. Discussion of options before the task force.
- Government Relations. We will have training sessions for UFF members who are willing to represent UFF in meetings with legislators and other politicians.
- Grievances. UFF has received reports of faculty told to engage in non-research activities (often in service) for the benefit of USF and the community, with the understanding that such activities would be accepted in lieu of research and scholarship. However, when the faculty members come up for assessment, these activities are not accepted in lieu of research and scholarship.
- Communications. The 29 November 2018 Biweekly had an incorrect time for the Town Hall meeting with the USF Consolidation Committee. There will be a correction sent out as an Extra.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 2 December 2018.