Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in B206 on USF Sarasota / Manatee.
Attendance. Thirteen UFF members, including five members of the Council.
Minutes. Minutes for January 26 are approved.
- Laurie Byers. Ms. Byers will be our UFF staff for organizing.
- Election. Call for nominations.
- Faculty use of own books in classes. Discussion of policies under consideration.
- Effect of possible USF consolidation per HB 423. The location of tenure is an issue.
- Union-busting bills, HB 25 and HB 7055. Discussion.
- Anomalous positions. The College of Nursing has a number of non-tenure-track professors.
- Adjuncts. The SEIU’s certification election for USF adjuncts is underway.
- Political Education Committee. Call for members.
- Membership. Discussion.
- Motion made and seconded to continue the Travel Scholarship Program with same conditions as in previous term, except for five scholarships, the sixth going to a member who votes. Motion passes.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 22 February 2018.