Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held in EDU 161 in USF Tampa.
Attendance. Eleven UFF members, including seven members of the Council, and one guest.
Minutes. Minutes from the August 25 meeting approved.
- UFF Senate Meeting. The Chapter will cover hotel bills for UFF members attending the UFF Senate Meeting.
- Kudo. Bob Welker recognized for contributing to USF COB for 41 years.
- UFF and USF Pre-eminence. At the USF Tampa Faculty Senate Meeting, President Genshaft recognized President Shapiro, who complimented her and Provost Wilcox and Dr. Smith and Dr. Glover for working together on facilitating the achievement.
- Benefits Fairs. Discussion of possible participation.
- USFSP. Discussion of latest developments.
- October Meeting Dates. The Chapter will meet on USF SP on October 6 and on USF SM on October 20.
- Travel Scholarships. The Chapter will offer six travel scholarships under the usual rules, with a new proviso: Motion made and seconded that three ranked substitute candidates be chosen so that if up to three selected candidates cannot accept the scholarship, their place(s) will be taken by substitute(s). Motion approved.
- Discussion of the upcoming Senate meeting.
- Grievances. Discussion.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 5 October 2017.