Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at Perkins Restaurant just east of USF Tampa.
Attendance. Ten UFF members, including eight members of the Council, and three guests.
Minutes. Minutes from the August 11 meeting approved.
President’s Report and Business. Discussion of New Faculty Orientation.
- ROAD. Different administrators are saying different things.
- Calendar. The Chapter will meet on September 8 & 22, October 6 & 20, November 3 & 17, and December 1. The meetings in October will be on USF St. Petersburg and USF Sarasota / Manatee, and the others on USF Tampa in a room to be reserved.
- Biweekly. The Biweekly will launch a Kudos section for major awards and accomplishments of UFF members. The standards will be high.
- Professors requiring their own textbooks. Discussion of policy for textbook approval for individual courses, and how the policy impacts faculty who assign textbooks that they themselves wrote.
- Grievances. There a number of assignment grievances.
- Membership. Discussion of events.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Facebook. We have 65 members.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 27 August 2017.