Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12:00 pm on USF St. Petersburg in USC 260.
Attendance & Introductions. Twelve members, including nine members of the Council, and two guests.
Minutes. Minutes from August 26 meeting approved.
- Ratification. Description of the history of bargaining the contract currently awaiting ratification. The ballots for ratification will be counted on September 30 at noon in EDU 257.
- Membership. There will be a social on Monday, September 26 at 6 pm in Ferg’s Sports Bar at 1320 Central Avenue.
- Calendar. The remaining meetings of this semester will be on September 23, October 7 & 21, November 4 & 18, and December 2. The meetings on September 23, October 21, and November 18 will be in EDU 257.
- Surveys. The Chapter will conduct a survey of instructors.
- Membership. Discussion of current efforts.
- Politics. On September 28, the NEA will send some political campaign and liaison experts to train members in USF and HCC.
- Tenure and Promotion Workshops. We will have one this fall.
- Treasurer’s Report. We are solvent.
- Collective Bargaining. Preparations for 2019.
The UFF Senate will meet on Saturday, September 17, from 3 pm to 5 pm, and on Sunday, September 18, from 9 am to noon. The Bargaining Councils will meet Saturday evening. The meeting will be at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 10 September 2016.