Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12:00 am on USF Sarasota / Manatee in B226.
Attendance & Introductions. Six members, including four senators, and a guest.
- UFF Finances. President Shapiro is on a committee charged with reviewing UFF finances.
- Paul Terry. Update.
- Grievance Committee. A bit slow at the moment: tenure denials are not out yet.
- Bargaining. Discussion.
- Guns on campus.
- Motion by the Executive Committee that HB 4005 and SB 176 would introduce a threat to public safety at USF, and we strongly recommend against the passage of this legislation. Motion passed unanimously.
- Chapter Election. Resolution of a 5-way tie for two seats on the FEA Delegate Assembly. Vic Peppard and Karin Braunsberger selected by lot; Deanna Michael, Scott Perry, and Shun-Yung Wang will serve as alternates.
- Fight for 15. There will be a Fight for 15 demonstrations across the country, including in the Tampa Bay Area, on April 15. The “15” refers to the proposed minimum wage hike to $ 15, but also to a proposed floor for adjunct pay.
- Discretionary raises. Discussion of prospects for Administrative Discretionary raises at USF St. Petersburg.
- USFSM. Discussion of affairs at USFSM. At USFT, there are tenure guideline proposals to extend the tenure probationary period.
- Tenure & Promotion. Discussion of committee at USFSP.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 23 April 2015.