Time & Place. The Council Meeting was held at 11:00 am at CDB Restaurant at 51st & Fowler.
Attendance & Introductions. Eleven senators attending.
Report on Paul Terry. Getting better; had a partial hip replacement.
Functions of the Council.
- UFF Senate Representation. We are now able to fill the vacancy.
- Motion made and seconded that the President of the UFF USF Chapter approach Ed Mitchell about organizing at USF. Motion approved unanimously.
- Motion made and seconded that the UFF USF Chapter reinstitute the steward system at USF. Motion approved unanimously.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Location of future Council meetings. Discussion of options.
- The UFF will hold meetings at USF Sarasota / Manatee monthly. These will be meetings of the USFSM members, and will be in addition to the Chapter meetings at USFSM. The next Chapter Meeting at USFSM will be on February 27.
- Meeting with the Vice Provost. Discussion included outstanding grievances, including a bulletin board for UFF in the College of Nursing, and sick leave buy-out, which has been delayed.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 27 January 2015.