Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in Coquina 231 on USF St. Petersburg.
Attendance. Eight attendees, including five members of the Chapter Council.
Minutes. Minutes of the October 3 meeting approved.
- Paul Terry. Recovering.
- College of Nursing and ROAD. Discussion of ROAD reporting requirements, which are being grieved.
- USF Tampa Faculty Senate. Discussion of reporting requirements for faculty receiving student reports of violence, etc.
- Membership Committee. Discussion.
- CBA Committees. The CBA mandates the formation of three task forces, two of which have memberships appointed by UFF and the Administration.
- Election. An Amendment to the UFF USF Constitution has been presented to the chapter, and the election will be conducted electronically in mid-November once the mandatory 30-day period has passed.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances.
- Membership. There will be a reception for new faculty and tenure and promotion workshops.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Collective Bargaining. Bargaining next year depends critically on what the legislature does.
Good of the Order
If people assigned extra duties, e.g. during the summer, the duties should be assignments as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and the mechanism for compensation is outlined in Article 8.4F of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 19 October 2014.