Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in room A203A on USF Sarasota / Manatee.
Attendance. Ten attendees, including five members of the Chapter Council.
Minutes. Minutes of the September 5 and 19 meetings approved.
- Paul Terry. Recovering.
- College of Nursing and ROAD. Discussion.
- CBA Committees. The CBA mandates the formation of three task forces, two of which have memberships appointed by UFF and the Administration.
- Membership Committee. We need another co-chair. Meanwhile, there will be a reception for new faculty.
- Election. An Amendment to the UFF USF Constitution was presented to the Chapter.
- Motion made and seconded to approve the text as a proposed amendment to be presented to the UFF USF membership by electronic ballot. Motion passed.
- NOTE: per this motion, the amendment shall be sent to the membership via a Biweekly Special. At least thirty days after that broadcast, the electronic referendum will take place. At least a two-third majority of those voting is required in order for the amendment to pass.
- Grievances. There are fifteen outstanding grievances.
- Membership. There will be a reception for new faculty, and Steve Lang will conduct a tenure and promotion workshop on Oct. 17.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 4 October 2014.