Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon at CDB Restaurant.
Attendance. Fifteen attendees, including ten members of the Chapter Council.
- Paul Terry. Recovering.
- College of Nursing. The attempt to remove the College of Nursing from the Bargaining Unit has been stopped, but the disinformation from the dean’s office continues.
- ROAD. Discussion of what information ROAD requests.
- Membership Committee. We need a Membership Committee structured in a manner similar to that of the Grievance Committee.
- Ratification. The contract was ratified overwhelmingly.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances. The next meeting of the Grievance Committee is on October 1, at 9:30 am, at Village Inn on 30th Street N in Tampa.
- Constitution and Bylaws. There will be a new draft of language for filling vacancies.
- Events. The Chapter will organize a Tenure & Promotion workshop on October 17 in USF St. Petersburg. In addition, there will be a Welcome Reception for new faculty.
- Facebook. There are over 30 group members and growing.
- Next meeting. October 3 in USF Sarasota / Manatee.
- Discussion of single-year versus multi-year contracts. Salary and two items to be opened.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 23 September 2014.