Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon near BSN 1304.
- Attempt to move the College of Nursing out of the UFF USF Bargaining Unit. The attempt was unsuccessful after administrative dissembling exposed.
- ROAD. The new ROAD reporting system makes inappropriate requests for information.
- Membership. We need a new membership committee.
- Chapter and Bylaws. Proposed language on filling vacancies to be distributed in Biweekly.
- Grievances. Over a dozen outstanding grievances.
- Motion made and seconded to print and mail packages with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement to the entire UFF USF Bargaining Unit. Motion passed.
- Events. The Chapter will organize a Tenure & Promotion workshop and a Welcome Reception for new faculty.
- UFF USF GAU. UFF USF GAU Chapter President Joshua Lenes is resigning and taking leave to serve as an FEA organizer.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Motion made and seconded to approve the 2014 – 2015 budget. Motion passed.
THIS IS THE APPROVED BUDGET:
actual 2012-2013 proposed 2013-2014 proposed 2014-2015 Membership/Outreach 16,211.00 30,000.00 50,000.00 Travel scholarships 3,000.00 Rebates 11,720.00 Meeting expenses 3,334.00 Fall reception 1,157.00 Travel Reimbursements 1,609.00 5,000.00 5,000.00 Office supplies 296.00 500.00 500.00 Printing 1,371.00 10,000 10,000.00 Postage 575.00 2,000.00 2,000.00 Communication/web page 1,162.00 1,000.00 Misc 3,910.00 2,000.00 TOTAL 25,134.00 47,500.00 70,500.00
- Bargaining. Salary and two items to be opened.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 22 September 2014 and amended on 1 October 2014.