Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon at CDB Restaurant in Temple Terrace.
Attendance & Introductions. Eleven members, including nine members of the Council, and one guest.
College of Nursing. Discussion of meetings and developments in the College of Nursing. Both the USFT Faculty Senate and the UFF are watching the situation.
Successions and Vacancies. Deferred to first meeting in September.
Schedule change. There will be no chapter meeting on August 22.
Events. The Chapter shall prepare for three events:
- New faculty orientation.
- A reception for new faculty, but inviting all faculty, tentatively scheduled for September 25 at 3 pm in the Embassy Suites.
- Tenure and promotion workshops at all three campuses.
Ratification Election Adjustment. Ratification of the contract was placed on the agenda of the August 4 BOT meeting. Unless faculty have voted to ratify, the agendum will be pushed to the next BOT meeting in September, pushing the raise back with it. The Executive Committee decided to reset the deadline for receiving ballots from August 4 to August 1, and to count ballots on August 2.
- Treasury. We are solvent. Two motions:
- Motion moved and seconded to print and send copies of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement to all faculty. Motion approved.
- Motion moved and seconded to purchase a printer with scanner capability. Motion approved.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances.
- Bargaining. To date, we have received 203 ballots.
Good of the Order.
- Roy Weatherford of UFF Retired reminds us that Terry McLauchlan is running for the Assembly.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 26 July 2014.