Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in EDU 316 on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Sixteen members and one guest.
Minutes of the previous meeting approved.
- Paul Terry. He continues to improve.
- Discussion of the Administration’s policy statement on tenure and promotion.
- Council. Report on the Council meeting preceding the chapter meeting.
- UFF USF will start a Facebook page.
- The Council confirmed Dan Belgrad as chair of the Grievance Committee [and later confirmed his nominees to the committee]; the Council confirmed Bob Welker as chair of the Bargaining Committee and his nominees to the committee; the Council confirmed Greg McColm as chair of the Communications Committee and his nominees to the committee.
- The UFF USF Chapter will revise its constitution and bylaws.
- We will clean and organize our office; the GAU is interested in participating.
- Presentation of a token of our gratitude to former UFF USF Chapter President Sherman Dorn.
- Grievances. The Grievance Committee is working through its backlog. Discussion of grievances and of USFSM.
- Treasurer. We are solvent.
The Chapter will send an announcement of the FEA Summer Academy out so interested members will know of the opportunity.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 10 May 2014.