Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in room EDU 161 on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Fifteen members, including nine members of the Chapter Council, and one guest.
USF Ethics and Integrity Council. Motion made and seconded that the Chapter spend $ 150 for 500 posters for the oncoming campaign. Motion passes. Professor Dorn will propose that some posters be distributed to regional campuses.
Minutes. February 21 minutes approved.
- Paul Terry continues to improve.
- The Grievance Committee is going; there are 11 current grievances plus one more. Discussion of the Council Meeting. Discussion of a DEO case, and general observation: at several places across the state, employees are told to work from home, without infrastructure, prior to termination.
- A Task Force on revising the UFF USF Constitution and Bylaws has been formed. Call for volunteers.
- Election. We have sufficient nominees for officers and seats, but not all are confirmed. The schedule will be for an open election during March 19 – 30, with results announced promptly and elected candidates assuming offices and seats on April 1.
- Membership. I will set up another workshop.
- Grievances. Discussion of ongoing grievances.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Bargaining. Discussion of the current situation.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 13 March 2014.